So how do we as a church take advantage of the time that families have been given and keep our people connected? Here are a few ideas:
- Facebook live a devotion time for kids – get creative and invite them into your world. This can be your kids pastor, AWANA leader, etc.
- Challenge the families in your kid’s program to make a video of their favorite Bible story and post on your church Facebook page. Give prizes to those that participate.
- Call the kids in your ministry. Let them know you are thinking about them and praying for them.
- Send postcards. What kids don’t like getting mail!
- Many things are canceled but they can’t cancel outside! Challenge families to do an Easter photo scavenger hunt. When they are finished they can post a family selfie on your church Facebook page. You can find examples here:https://www.steppingoutministry.com/4-scavengers-hunts-plus-2-outreach-?fbclid=IwAR0vsszPKe4R-uzWOFuu8Vdhw_sVq6z54X1M4KG1cTNnQmAnOLSBAFd2h_4
- Encourage families to start a YouVersion plan together with other families in your church and then post comments in the plan. Here is how:https://help.youversion.com/l/en/article/gixya0x2he-how-to-start-and-manage-plans-with-friends-on-i-os
- Have a Kid’s Church Drive-Thru. Put together Kid’s Church care packages and set up a time for parents to pick them up from the church like a fast-food drive-thru. Pray for the family and give them the care package. Find ideas herehttps://wearekidmin.com/blog/childrens-ministry-reimagined?fbclid=IwAR2shEQm2an9ZLwMWhkROg29F1tD6WFwlJx0cmps4ArtNiJ59iuSN1AjlN4
- Lifeway is offering at home Sunday Morning resources for parents to use with their kids at home. Instructions on how to download these are found here:https://www.facebook.com/LifewayKids/photos/a.72390624645/10157091598749646/?type=3&theater
This is a challenging time for children’s ministry, forcing us to be creative and intentional. Let’s use this time that has been given us to try new things and encourage families to connect. Do you have ideas that your church is implementing during this time? Share your ideas on the SCBIkids Facebook page!