By Nathan Millican
When you think of Jesus, he was a great leader, wasn’t He? What are some of the characteristics of Jesus’ leadership?
- Attracted and equipped people (cities and towns he visited for days, weeks and sometimes even months…invested his life in people)
- Found and mentored emerging leaders
- Engaged in ongoing personal development (through His study of God’s Word, personal time alone with the Father)
What is being a Leader? Here are some additional characteristics of a competent leader:
- They have led people in the past. Individuals with an inclination to lead are invaluable and will not diminish.
- They resonate with vision. Every leader must want to advance God’s vision for a group of people.
- They are anxious to create meaningful change. Leaders are willing to shatter the comfort zone and design a new and better way of doing things.
- They are responsible. They’re dependable people.
- They have courage. Courage based upon conviction is an incredibly strong attribute to have.
- They love God. Their primary focus is God’s vision. Their primary commitment is serving God. Their primary goal is obedience to Him.
- They learn quickly and continually. They are deliberately seeking ways in which to grow and upgrade their current abilities.